The information on this website was provided by our volunteer members. If you have additional or more current information to share, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a complete and up-to-date list of Florida Senate and House bills, refer to https://www.flsenate.gov/ or https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/.
Legislative Session Update
Florida’s 2021 Legislative Session began on March 2. Lawmakers are currently gathering to debate state policy, amend existing laws and pass new ones. Several of the senate and house bills that will be discussed over the next 60 days will directly impact the solid waste industry and SWANA FL members. Below is a list of bills we thought you may be interested in learning more about.
SB 594 / HB 6027 – Preemption of Recyclable and Polystyrene Materials
HB 331 / SB 694 – Displacement of Private Waste Companies
HB 91 – Use of Wireless Communications Devices While Driving
SB 1054 – Brownfield Site Rehabilitation (PFAS)
SB 136 – Energy 2040 Task Force
HB 283 / SB 720 – State Renewable Energy Goals
SB 896 – Renewable Natural Gas
HB 539 – Renewable Energy
HB 1369 – Disposal of Food Waste Materials
SB 1764 – Recycling of Organic Waste Material
FDEP Rulemaking Update
- Request for Qualification (RFQ) – DEP has issued an RFQ requesting responses from qualified vendors pursuant to 62-787, F.A.C for Professional Services for Waste Management/Waste Cleanup Programs, Advertisement Number: RFQ 2021010.
- Ethanol/Biodiesel Program
Provides guidance and information on the new Ethanol/Biodiesel Program effective July 1, 2020.
- Chapter 62-701, F.A.C. – Solid Waste Management Facilities
- Chapter 62-709, F.A.C. – Criteria for Organics Processing and Recycling Facilities
- Chapter 62-711, F.A.C. – Waste Tire Rule
- Chapter 62-762, F.A.C. – Aboveground Storage Tank Systems
Recently Adopted Rules
- Chapter 62-787, F.A.C. – Pollution Response Action Contracts for the Waste Cleanup Program (Effective 11/17/20)
- Chapter 62-769, F.A.C. – Abandoned Tank Restoration Program (Effective 11/01/20)
- Chapter 62-730 – Hazardous Waste (Effective 10/30/20)
- Chapter 62-710 – Used Oil Management (Effective 11/13/19)
- Chapter 62-737 – Management of Spent Mercury-Containing Lamps and Devices Destined For Recycling (Effective 11/13/19)
- Chapter 62-762 – Aboveground Storage Tank Systems (Effective 10/17/19)
- Chapter 62-761 – Underground Storage Tank Systems (Effective 10/13/19)